Data visualization is an essential skill for researchers and analysts to effectively communicate complex information in a concise and visually appealing format. The primary goal of this course is to explore the principles of good data visualization and apply these principles in creating various smaller projects that will showcase the students’ ability to reimagine and present data effectively.
- Understand the principles of effective data visualization and their application to various types of visual representations.
- Evaluate and critique examples of good and bad data visualization.
- Learn to choose the most suitable visualization type for a given dataset and audience.
- Develop the ability to reimagine and improve existing visualizations.
- Create a series of small projects that demonstrate the application of data visualization principles. (If desired, students will be free to create products that will help their OJT or dissertation work.)